This Privacy Statement applies to your interactions with the National Water Commission
website. This statement discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices
which are set out in accordance with the
Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988.
The National Water Commission is committed to the protection of your privacy in
accordance with the Federal Privacy Commissioner's
Guidelines for Federal and ACT Government World Wide Websites. These
guidelines outline the requirements for transparent collection, appropriate and
ethical use and secure storage of personal information. Our aim is to provide an
online environment which will ensure the information you provide to us is handled
in a secure, efficient and confidential manner.
When visiting this site, a record of your visit is logged. This "clickstream data"
is recorded for statistical purposes only and is used to help improve this website.
The following information is supplied by your browser (eg: Internet Explorer):
- the user's server address
- the user's operating system (for example Windows, MAC etc)
- the user's top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
- the date and time of the visit to the site
- the pages accessed and the documents downloaded
- the previous site visited, and
- the type of browser used
This information is used for statistical purposes only. No attempt will be made
to identify users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an
investigation, where a law enforcement agency (or other government agency) exercises
a legal authority to inspect Internet Service Provider (ISP) logs (eg. by warrant,
subpoena or notice to produce).
Cookies are pieces of information that a website can transfer to your computer when
you access information on that site. Cookies can make websites easier to use by
storing information about your preferences on a particular website. This information
remains on your computer after you close your browser.
Collection of Personal Information
When you e-mail us:
- we will record your e-mail address
- we will only use your e-mail address for the purpose for which you provided it
- it will not be added to a mailing list, unless provided by you specifically for
- we will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose
- we will not disclose it without your consent
This site does not provide facilities for the secure transmission of information
across the Internet. Users should be aware that there are inherent risks in transmitting
information across the Internet. As an alternative, users are able to make comments
and suggestions by contacting us
Links to other sites
This site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the content
or the privacy practices of other web sites and we encourage you to examine each
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, the practices of this site,
or your dealings with this site, please contact us.